Do you know what is one of the most popular dispensing modules in the personal care and beauty industry? It comes in all shapes and sizes. Millions of people use it every day everywhere.
Let me give you a hint!
It magically transfers the liquid from the bottle to the user’s hand. It sits on top of a bottle that contains the liquid.
It’s a Lotion Pump!
A lotion pump is ideal for products such as creams, tonics, hair care, liquid soaps, and, of course, lotions that require superior viscosity and priming. In addition to hair care, personal care, pet care, and automotive industries, lotion pumps are also used in-home care. Pumps of this type are hand-operated mechanical devices that disperse liquids or gels through plastic pipes inside the bottles. By pressing the piston up and down, the liquid is dispensed from the bottle through this type of pump, which is mechanical in nature.
Nowadays, dispensing pumps are a common component of liquid dispensing solutions and are used in many products for health and beauty. Dispensing pumps can add elegance to bottles and containers, as well as make products easier to use. In most pumps, a predetermined quantity is delivered with every pumping action, which can be advantageous for many different products.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING FACTORS WHEN SELECTING A LOTION PUMP!PUMP TYPE
As part of the packaging of different personal care and beauty products, dispenser pumps come in different types. Dispensers pumps typically come in three types.
- Let’s start with the clip-lock pump dispenser. The clip-lock dispenser has a detachable plastic clip on the neck of the pump. The clip prevents any unintended dispensing of the contents of the plastic bottles. As a result, it is more difficult for children to spill the liquid on themselves when they are attached to the clip. It is a good way to avoid lotions, personal care products, or cleaning agents spilling on their clothes.
Screw Pump / Lock-down Pump
- Screw pumps are the second most common type of dispenser pump. It is also called the lock-down pump, or the Switch Pump. The screw pump has a screw just under the head that you turn left or right to open or close the pump. In order to use the screw pump, you must first unlock the spout by twisting it counter clockwise. By applying pressure to the nozzle with the dispenser unlocked, you can dispense liquid. The dispenser can be locked by pushing the head down and then turning it clockwise until you feel a bit of resistance as the screw engages. Hair shampoos are often equipped with these types of pump heads. On certain caps of dispensers, you can find arrow signs indicating the direction in which you should screw the cap.
Switch Pump / Lock-up Pump
- Pumps with switch mechanisms are popular dispensers. It is very easy and convenient to use. By pressing down on the nozzle, the liquid in the bottle is dispensed, and the nozzle snaps back to its original position. It’s very popular because it’s easy to use and usually looks great. In addition to its dual name, the switch pump is also known as the lock-up pump since it can be locked without being pushed down, unlike the Screw pump. You twist the nozzle left or right to lock / unlock the switch pump, depending on what the embossed sign says. Switch pump caps typically have a ‘STOP’ and an ‘OPEN’ embossed on them for this reason.
Actuators for lotion pumps are available in a variety of styles to match your products. However, different manufacturers are likely to offer completely different actuator designs. Here are some of the designs.
Lotion pump closures are available in three types: smooth, ribbed, and metallic. The smooth gives the product a nice polish and clean appearance, while the ribbed provides more grip when it is necessary to open and refill the bottle. The metal finish on the other hand can highlight the colours of the product, making it stand out from the competition.
The lotion pump comes in different sizes but it usually depends on the bottle size you want to use. The size is denoted by width/height (20/400) where 20 is the width of the bottleneck and 400 is the type of thread.
- 18/400, 20/400, 22/400, 24/400, 28/400
- 18/410, 20/410, 22/410, 24/410, 28/410
- 18/415, 20/415, 22/415, 24/415, 28/415
There are numerous variables for how much to dose, ranging from 0.5 ml to 3.0 ml. Dosing amounts will vary depending on product specifications. The cost of the lotion or cream, the expected usage, the date of the end product, and the capacity of the bottle, for example, 100 ml, are all factors to consider.
In the product bottle, the plastic tube is cut to the proper size for the chamber. It connects to the piston of the pump, allowing liquid to flow up into the chamber pump and liquid product (the content) to leave the head. Depending on the thickness of liquid inside the chamber, the diameter and the length of the tube varies.
Since dispensing pumps are mainly made from plastic, the desired colour can easily be added during the manufacturing process. The colour matching can is best suited to large orders because of its low cost. Dispensing pumps can also come with coloured sheaths that look stunning, adding a touch of luxury to the product.
WANT TO BUY A LOTION PUMP FOR YOUR PRODUCT?
BRINLA is a supplier of high-quality lotion pumps, foam pumps, treatment pumps, trigger sprayers, mist sprayers, caps and closure for plastic and glass bottles. Our company has earned a credible reputation in the market for dealing in a premium range of products that are used in cosmetics, household, industrial, pharmaceutical and automotive industries.
Click here to see the full range of lotion pumps we offer.